Language classes in Happy Kids kindergarten are conducted every day in two stages and the progress is monitored every month.
I STAGE OF LEARNING – EVERYDAY CLASSES - 5 TIMES A WEEK!
- Learning by doing. Method based on the assumption that child learns by performing given activity.
- TPR - Total Physical Response (reacting with the whole body). It is learning languages by motion or more exactly by including the whole body into the process of learning new vocabulary and language structures.
- Storytelling. This method is based on learning by storytelling. The teacher shows pictures, flashcards and tells a story about things which are presented on the cards. Stories are short, simple and understood by children thanks to the pictures.
II STAGE OF LEARNING - 5 TIMES A WEEK!
WE MONITOR THE WORK OF THE CHILD
- Monthly summing up of child’s achievements – that is observation card (evaluation: progress of the child, assimilation of vocabulary, phrases and songs) – available to see at the teacher of English,
- Semi-annual card of the evaluation of child’s work – evaluation of listening, speaking and vocabulary – introduced individually to every parent.
ADDITIONALY WE ORGANIZE
Language Day in the kindergarten. During that day all the plays and art classes are conducted in English. Kids discover monuments, interesting places, history and traditions of The United Kingdom. They get to know English literature, fairy tales and stories. We try to diversify that day so that everybody find something interesting for themselves. As part of his day, we organize a trip to language school, language workshops and we celebrate European Day of Languages which takes place on 26th September 2014.